FREE Training Available
Do you need Responsible Beverage Server Training for bartenders, waitresses, managers, owners, volunteers, any servers or sellers of alcohol about how to avoid illegally selling alcohol to underage youth or intoxicated patrons?
Are you prepared to manage alcohol at special events such as your city celebrations, county fairs or festivals? Training is available, free of charge, and meets the needs of most insurance companies. Please contact RAPAD to set up a training for your community, organization or establishment.
Visit the RAPAD Events Calendar for a list of upcoming training.
Six Steps to a Successful Event
Here are the best practices recommended for your special event:
- Fence the alcohol service area to create a beer garden. Containment reduces underage drinking.
- Say “I.D. Please.” Check every person,every time alcohol is served.
- Post highly visible signage of alcohol laws in and around the service area.
- Train your servers with approved training, volunteers should I.D. and serve just like the pros.
- Serve both alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages in easily identifiable or clear cups. Prohibit pitchers and serve no more than 32 oz. per person.
- Keep security personnel visible. Visible enforcement reinforces compliance and prevents problems before they start.