Present: David Torgelson,County Attorney; Susan Williams,Colalition Chair; Jennifer Mendoza, Guia; LaMont Jacobson, County Commissioner; Jodie Olsen, RPC; Sarah Reznechek, RCW Social Worker; Chuck Blum, Lakeland Broadcasting; Don Orth, Business; Virginia Sullivan, Parent; Hannah Abrahamson, SHIP; Annie Tepfer, Coalition Coordinator
Match Forms- Fill out and leave with Annie .Approval of Meeting Minutes by Sarah R. approved by Hannah. Agenda approved by LaMont J. and approved by Chuck. Annie developed a power point for the meeting starting with information on the volunteer rate for MN now at $25.20 per hour that we can claim for In Kind Match.
RCW- Sarah Reznechek- Youth Leadership Training Prairie Woods Environmental Learning Center- April 27th for RCW youth and St. Mary’s- Kelli Quast- 7th grade
Paula Sturm- Cedar Mountain- STARS had a Alcohol Awareness week Kickoff with activities during the week in school and a Dance April 8th.
Funding available for schools to implement prevention activities through the coalition. Jennifer did an update on the RC Guia Program.
SHIP- Hannah shared with us about collaborating with the American Lung Association on developing and implementing a Flavored Tobacco Billboard. Discussion was held on whether Menthol Tobacco products were needed to be part of the advertisement or if we should develop our own.
Bush Grant committee on Reducing Truancy in Renville County ended with a report from PACT For Families and a Banner developed for all school in Renville County.
Annie visited with Sheriff Hable about having some carry over dollars that could go towards Alcohol Compliance Checks. The Sheriff would like to have some Responsible Beverage Server Trainings conducted throughout the county first to give people time to prepare their employees. Annie will set up the dates in at least two locations and contact Deputy Tom Swyter and Police Chief Derek Lee to assist.
Chuck-Media with Lakeland Broadcasting did radio ads with Megan and Sarah from RCW TADA Youth Group. The RAPAD Facebook page received 1088 views on this.
Annie recorded a 10 minute Alcohol Awareness Sunday Morning show with Chuck for KOLV radio station. Also a Prom Ad will be running through Prom dates of RCW and BOLD on KOLV radio.
David Torgelson shared with the coalition “Statewide Vaping Rules” showing the dangers of E Cigaretes and how legislation is going through to properly manage tobacco companies.
April is Alcohol Awareness Month with ads going in Renville County Register “Talk They Hear You” Campaign, on local access channels in Morton and Olivia and flyers sent home to RCW and BOLD parents and in the Morton Newsletter.English & Spanish Parent Brochures were printed and offered.
MN Big Problem with Opiad Overdoseshttp://time.com/4260798/drug-epidemic-america/?xid=newsletter-brief
- RBST May 16th at Renville County Govt Building 7:00 – 8:30 and Oakdale Golf Club Buffalo Lake June 6th, 10:00-11:30
- Cinco De Mayo Family Festival – Sat May 21st 11-5pm Roosevelt School Willmar
- Paper Tigers- View Trailer- May 5th 3:00 & 7:00 WEAC in Willmar
- CADCA Mid-Year Leadership Forum Las Vegas, July 2016
Next Coalition Meeting Friday May 20th 12:00 Noon at Max’s Grill Olivia
- Kandiyohi County Tobacco Ordinance- Annie Hannah, Leah
- Smoke Free Follow up- Annie, Hannah
- Sheriff Hable- Alcohol Compliance Checks Planning
- Paula Sturm Cedar Mountain STARS Dance
- Alcohol Awareness Events at Cedar Mountain
- Slick Tracy Cedar Mountain- Paula Sturm
- KOLV Radio Community Forum- Chuck Blum- Annie
- Olivia’s House of Hope Fundraiser- Janine, Annie, Carlotta
- Register Alcohola Awareness Banner in paper, Kiwanis Posters up
- BOLD, St Mary’s Parent EBlast
- Towards Zero Deaths Workshop- Ann Marie, Polly, Annie
- RBST flyers disseminated
- Youth Leadership Training, RCW St Marys
- Coordinators Meeting
- Megan and Sarah Hoff- KOLV Radio Ads
- County Govt Day Presentations Marijuana E-Cigs and Health- Jill, Annie