LaMont called the meeting to order at Noon.
- Discussed January minutes, which everyone read. (Chuck motioned to approve, Virginia seconds)
- Minutes approved
LaMont discussed MN Tobacco Conference
- There was a table discussion about the conference
- Compliance check discussion
- Discussion of Tobacco Companies and their targeting of different ethnic groups
- Discussion about CADCA National Forum that Annie & LaMont attended in early February in Washington D.C.
- Annie showed a chart that explained substance use by 12-17 year olds that, do or don’t, use marijuana.
- Slideshow of their visit to Washington D.C.
Share Student Survey
- Christa started with the RAPAD group taking the four core survey regarding use, perception of risk, peer disapproval, parent disapproval. Looking at Alcohol, Marijuana, Tobacco, Rx Drugs.
- Rapad’s evaluator, Christa from PACT for Families, shared RAPAD’s four core measures data from 2009-2016.
- Graphs were provided for the group.
- There was a table discussion regarding the graphs
- Annie inquired about each school district having their information. Christa said they will have that information in the coming weeks.
LaMont asked for Community updates
- Sarah spoke about RCW’s “You’re Awesome” campaign.
- Annie spoke about the Climb Theatre at St Mary’s School
- Derek spoke about what Law Enforcement is working on, regarding Alcohol/Marijuana use with area students.
- Chuck spoke about RAPAD being a sponsor for Opioid use campaign. Playing on all four local stations.
- LaMont spoke about having someone join RAPAD from the hospital.
- Dave spoke about being in communication within the faith community.
- There was a brief discussion about the Sunday liquor license passing.
Meeting adjourned at 1:35 p.m.