Present: Susan Williams, Jill Bruns, Hannah Dockendorf, LaMont Jacobson, Annie Tepfer, David Torgelson, Rita Felton, Don Orth, Kari Klages
Match Forms- Fill out and leave with Annie. Meeting Minutes & Agenda were approved.
Responsible Beverage Server Training has been taking place throughout Renville County with help training by Police Chief,Derek Lee and DeputyTom Swyter. Hannah reported on the Tobacco Billboard- Flavored Products-that will be going up on the East side of Olivia on 212. There is hope that it will help to educate the public about the dangers of Flavored Tobacco and how it is targeting our youth. SHIP is sharing costs with the coalition to accomplish this. The RC Tobacco Policy Passes- 6/28/16 and includes the ban of E-Cigarettes on all RC property except the parks. RC Sheriff reported that Alcohol Compliance Checks will be conducted soon.
Kari Klages- Accountant gave a report on the remaining budget for the RAPAD Coalition Year 7. Leaving PACT For Families is Debb Sheehan, Director, Alex Loesch- Evaluator; Sara Folstad- RC Administrator. Derek Lee from Olivia Police Dept. wanted some assistance purchasing Marijuana Googles & Pedal Cars for presentations in the schools with students. Cost would be about $400.CADCA Mid Year Conference Las Vegas- Sarah Reznechek & Annie attended. It was one of the best conferences I have ever been to reported Annie.
Tobacco Compliance Checks Results- Rita Berg shared with us some discouraging results from the latest checks 33% failed. The Administrative fine has gone up to $400 so we are expecting that administrators are going to make sure that doesn’t happen again. Mandatory retraining will be scheduled for everyone who failed and the manager as well.
Renville County Fair is set for Aug. 10, 11th, 12th. TheTheme- Flavored Tobacco & Youth- Banner. Annie will send out an email for volunteers to respond when they can work. Renville County Messenger insert has been developed and will be in the next publishing.
- Guia Program- Jennifer Mendoza said she is helping some youth with getting a drivers license this summer.
- Chuck-Media- Lakeland Broadcasting- Community Spotlight to record in Sept. –Flavored Tobacco Ad
- SHIP Conference- Eagan July 26-27th– Presenting
- Program Sharing-October 20-21st-St. Cloud- Presenting
Accomplishments and Champions
- Responsible Beverage/Special Event Server Training
- Oakdale June 6-Derek Lee
- Morton June 22th Tom Swyter
- Sacred Heart Jaycees June 29th Derek Lee
- Franklin Fire Dept. July 12th Tom Swyter
- PACT For Full Collaborative & 5-25 committee
- Morton Newsletter”We are Watching You” ad
- Webinar- Partnering with Youth
- Public Health Retreat- Generational Presentation- Hannah, Leah, Jill, Rick Loseth
- Tobacco Policy Presentation to Commissioners-Hannah, Leah, Jill, LaMont
- Boundaries & Ethics Trainig- Rick Loseth
- Healthy Choice Collaborative- Allison, Julie, Leah, Annie
- Parent Brochures to Tri-Valley English/Spanish
- Flavored Tobacco Billboard up on 212 E
- CADCA Midyear Conference- Annie Sarah
Next Coalition Meeting Friday August 26th, 2016 @ 12:00 Noon at Max’s Grill