Established in 2006, RAPAD is a community coalition working to reduce substance use among youth in the Renville County. RAPAD partners with the public schools, local law enforcement, businesses, agencies supporting youth, faith communities, youth and parents. RAPAD is funded by a federal Drug Free Communities grant, along with matching funds from the community.
According to the Minnesota Student Survey, most young people in our community choose not to use alcohol, marijuana or other drugs. Yet those who do use may compromise their learning, endanger their health and ultimately risk their lives. This a national issue, as well as a local one – but Renville County community efforts aimed at reducing underage substance use has had the most impact.
Renville County Youth living substance free.
Engage Renville County members in reducing underage substance use through awareness, policy, enforcement, education and training. ATOD (Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs)
The RAPAD Coalition, is dedicated to:
- Identifying current attitudes and perceptions surrounding underage ATOD use and access within Renville County.
- Publicizing efforts being made concerning underage ATOD use and access within Renville County.
- Supporting schools, businesses, and other organizations in the County by providing technical assistance and resources for underage chemical use prevention.
- Cooperating with local efforts to educate and influence attitudes for positive changes on underage ATOD use.
- Work in collaboration with local, state, and federal government to enhance the quality of life through underage ATOD prevention strategies.